Sunday, November 1, 2009

Now it's been a year?!?!

What have I been up to? Why haven't I posted anything? I guess I've just been really busy. I'm not sure if it's possible but I'll try to give a quick run-down of the past year.
Work: I work for SERRC, as an OT, in the Juneau School District. 2008-2009 I was responsible for 7 schools, from preschool up through high school. This school year (2009-2010), I am only responsible for 6 schools, same age range. But I think I actually have more students to see! AHH! Work can be wicked crazy at times.
AK personal life: I am now living with Paul and Milo, his 4.5yo Jack Russel terrier. Milo is hilarious and sometimes annoying! Milo thinks he owns the bed and the couch and needs to be reminded occasionally of his place in our world. But he's a great playmate and loves to take walks/hikes/runs with us. I'm waiting for the snow to see how he handles the deep white fluffy powder. We may need to get a flag to put on his back to know where he is in the snow! Paul and I have started swimming, and teaching our 5yo buddy A to swim. It's been awesome and A is doing so well!
Sandy life: Ah, another summer on the beautiful isle of Sandy! Yet another summer as a lifeguard, teaching dances and the stretching class. This year, we had a yogi come to the island almost every week. I really miss all the exercise I just had to do on the island ;) My last week on island I became the boat crew chief, and drove a ton of boats! I loved it, though sometimes felt like I was still rocking when I went to bed.
Time to cook something for dinner. More to come soon (hopefully not in another year) :)
Nameste

No comments: